If you or someone you care about is homeless in Miami-Dade County, call the Homeless Helpline at 1-877-994-4357. Outreach team members will assess the situation and discuss possible next steps.
We want your feedback. If your experience with homelessness has led you to receive services from an outreach team, homeless shelter or rental assistance provider under contract with the Miami-Dade County Homeless Trust, we want to hear from you. Take this 5-minute survey.
Mobile outreach teams serve as the “front door” to the homeless system and teams canvas the entire geographic area of Miami-Dade County identifying individuals living in places not meant for human habitation such as the streets, cars, parks or abandoned buildings. Outreach teams also partner with school personnel, police departments and others to identify homeless households.
Outreach teams coordinate with hospitals, courts and other institutions to coordinate and plan the discharge of persons experiencing homelessness.
Designated access points are also established to assess and assist vulnerable homeless sub-populations, including unaccompanied youth, persons fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking and veterans.
For additional resources and support, download this Directory of Services and call 1-877-994-4357.
After calling the Helpline at 1-877-994-4357, services can be accessed at:
- Camillus House Day Center 1603 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33136
- Miami Beach Walk-In Center, 771 17th Street (Miami Beach residents only)
- Visit Miami-Dade Public Library for information on hours and locations, call 786-988-6816 or email email@example.com
Hot meals are provided to homeless and at-risk households throughout Miami-Dade County thanks in large part to community-based organizations and faith-based groups. Longtime hot meal sites serving primarily unsheltered individuals include:
- Camillus House Day Center
Monday - Friday at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 p.m.
- Miami Rescue Mission
Monday - Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Missionaries of Charity of Mother Teresa
Every day, except Thursday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
*Note: Feeding dates and times are subject to change.
- Shower services are available at the following locations:
- Camillus House - Monday - Friday beginning at 6:30 a.m.
- Miami Rescue Mission - Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Persons who are experiencing unsheltered homelessness can send and receive mail at Camillus House Monday - Friday from 11 a.m. to noon.
Additional avenues of support are available in this Unaccompanied Youth Resource Guide.
Veterans experiencing homelessness can also call the Homeless Helpline at 1-877-994-4357 and after selecting a language, press #3 or call the National Call Center for Veteran Homelessness at 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838).
Veterans at-risk of homelessness in Miami-Dade County can connect with the following organizations:
- Miami Flagler VA Clinic (veterans only)
- The Advocate Program
- Purpose Built Families Foundation Operation Sacred Trust
- Mission United
- Veteran's Administration
Our integrated system of care has received national accolades and benefited thousands of veterans in South Florida.