Homeless or about to be?
If you are homeless or about to be, or know someone who is, a trusted resource is just a phone call away. 1-877-994-4357
It’s important to note that while the Trust provides more than 3,300 beds to individuals and families every day, a phone call doesn’t mean an automatic place to stay. The Helpline is the “front door” to available resources. Homeless individuals and families will be assessed according to their need and vulnerabilities, and then directed to necessary services and assistance.
Resources are available to prevent families from falling into homelessness. When a household has insufficient resources to cover housing costs due to unemployment, a health crisis, family breakup or other reason, help may be available for those who qualify.
Individuals and families with a legal court eviction (not a 3-day notice), or at imminent risk of homelessness, can call the Homeless Helpline at 877-994-4357 and press 3.
Legal Services of Greater Miami, a non-profit, can also assist tenants facing eviction or homeowners facing foreclosure. For help, call 305-576-0080.
Are you a veteran?
Homeless veterans and their families are prioritized for housing and services through the Continuum of Care. Together with our many partners, including the Miami VA Healthcare System,, the Trust is working to make sure that no one who has served our country goes without a safe, stable place to call home. Homeless veterans are encouraged to call the National Call Center for Veteran Homelessness at 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838).
Domestic violence victims
Individuals and families fleeing domestic violence should call the Florida Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-500-1119.
Service providers within the continuum also offer homeless individuals hot showers and indoor meals in a safe, welcoming setting. Providing these services indoors allows trained staff to engage individuals who might not otherwise even contemplate coming in off the streets. (All of these services are located within the City of Miami).
- Miami Rescue Mission, 2020 NW 1st Avenue. Meals are served every day at 4:00 p.m.
- Mount Zion Baptist Church, 301 NW 9th Street. Meals are served Tuesdays only at 6:00 p.m.
- Mother Teresa’s, 724 NW 17th Street. Meals are served every day, except Thursdays, at 10:00 a.m.
- Miami Rescue Mission, 2020 NW 1st Avenue. Showers are provided on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 3:30 p.m.
- Camillus House, 1603 NW 7th Avenue. Showers are provided for women on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Showers are provided for men on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.